Q & A’s

There are chapters in every life which are seldom read and certainly not aloud. ~ Carol Shields

Last month, the talented Corey Ann of “Life With Little Ones” requested an interview with me. Those of you who have read my blog, know I am a private person, a loner. After my initial shock of why anyone would want to interview me and fear that I’d have nothing worth sharing, I agreed.

Corey Ann wears many hats. She is a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. She is a crafter. She owns her own business. Corey Ann has an uncanny knack to freeze time with her camera and an amazing eye for detail. Life With Little Ones has become one of my daily reads because her photographs go beyond pictures. They capture an emotion – what I strive for in my writing.

Thoreau wrote “It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?” This interview gave me reason to consider that question.

Click here to read the interview.

Thank you for the opportunity to interview with you, Corey Ann. I wish you continued success in all your ventures.

20 Responses to Q & A’s

1. Oklahoma Granny April 16, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

Very interesting interview. Great questions and answers. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

2. Victoria April 16, 2010 at 12:30 pm #

I went and commented on the other post as well. She has a lovely blog.

Did you get my package yet missy? :)

3. Kathy April 16, 2010 at 12:36 pm #

Thanks for sharing a piece of you. It’s nice to know I share a cup of coffee with so many wonderful people in the morning (I use cream and sugar!). Your lesson of enjoying the simple moments is one I have not learned yet (I get too busy with homework, cleaning, bills and so forth) and I fear I will not learn it until, like most, it’s too late to get those moments back.

Thanks again,
    Kathy

4. Anna April 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

I’m excited for the chance to learn more…I’m a total loner too…a dear friend recently told me how her and her husband thought I was one of the most private ‘keep to myself’ people they knew so they were surprised how I let it all hang out there on my blog…maybe you can relate to that?

5. Zuzu April 16, 2010 at 4:46 pm #

I enjoyed the interview. It was insightful, inspirational & real – gee, a lot like you. :)
    Happy weekend to you & yours, Deborah.

6. Olivia April 16, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

Holy cow, you’re dogs let you have a cup of java before walking?

Great interview and you do inspire others to look deeper, to take other paths, to blink once in awhile.

I long to see shots of your gardens soon.

with love that abounds,
    Olivia

• Deborah April 16, 2010 at 7:30 pm #

Olivia,

No, once my feet hit the floor I head downstairs and let Buster and Scout out in the yard. I don’t take them for their morning walk until I have a jolt of java!

Deborah

7. Stephenie from Decorating Addiction April 16, 2010 at 8:25 pm #

Thank you for agreeing to do the interview! It was so nice to get to know you a bit more . . . and what a great blog Corey Ann has that I would have never discovered.

You have an incredible perspective on life — one that I strive to keep in my mind every day.

I am so sorry to hear of your brother’s loss at such a young age. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been and I appreciate your willingness to share something so personal.

I am positive you will get that book published. If you’re taking orders yet, I’ll be happy to place mine!

Have a great weekend.

8. Twice Remembered April 16, 2010 at 9:41 pm #

That was a beautiful interview, Deborah! I enjoyed reading it. There were lots of gems there – things I didn’t know! {Studying law!} I am so sorry to hear about your brother’s death at such a young age. What a touching memory to have of him.

Too funny about never being finished with your house! I understand!

9. Kathleen April 17, 2010 at 12:01 am #

Deborah – I totally enjoyed reading and becoming part of your interview. Many of your comments are part of my beliefs. Just fantastic. You have a lot of wonderful things to say about life. I trust you are writing them down. And thank you for sharing.

10. Corey Villicana April 17, 2010 at 12:50 am #

You are so kind. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you. xoxo C

11. Ginny Roth April 17, 2010 at 5:15 am #

You have the gift that many don’t know even exist, the gift of understanding life and its true purpose. You have peace, harmony and see the beauty that was put here on this world. The ability to describe your world in words, with the hopes that others too many someday find what you have.

My parents were divorced. Late in life my Mom met up with the love of her life, Ed, her high school boyfriend she had not seen in over 50+ years. A year later she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Ed stayed with her throughout. During a short remission, we all went to Cape May for a day. We had a wonderful time, and lovely dinner at a restaurant adjacent to a Cape May bed & breakfast. She died shortly later. Ed, my sister, brother-in-law and me were by her side.

Mom was not wealthy. I inherited a small amount of cash. It was just enough to cover going to Cape May and staying overnight this time at the same bed & breakfast, I think it was the Victorian Lace Inn. Mom loved dogs, as I do. There, I found and bought a very old framed drawing of “Fritz” a German Shepard. It is signed. I too, would love to someday know the history behind “Fritz”.

I held my breath as I read your answer to one of the interview questions. What a relief, one of your favorite colors was still the palest of pink!

You do stand out in the world, you just don’t know it.

Ginny

12. Melissa Thorn April 17, 2010 at 7:18 am #

Deborah, that was so lovely. I enjoyed getting to know you a little better through that wonderful interview. Studying law huh…now I know who to come to if I ever get in trouble! lol :) (doubt that will ever happen….I’m the most laid back person you’ll ever know!) LOL
    I’m amazed you have such vivid memories of when you were little….I cry sometimes because I can’t remember back as far as I’d like. I WANT to remember when I was very young, but my brain seems to get clouded with the responsibilities of today. *sigh* I guess I’ll remember what God will have me to remember, and I’ll be okay with that.
    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day!
    Melissa

13. Celeste @ Cottage Dreamers April 17, 2010 at 9:36 am #

It sounds like you have plenty to offer others, that was a very nice interview. Thanks for opening up and sharing. Have a nice weekend!
    ☺ Celeste

14. Londen April 18, 2010 at 8:27 pm #

What a fun post to read and find out a bit more about you! I can feel that writing comes easy to you.

15. Rhonda April 19, 2010 at 10:00 am #

I loved the interview. I know you a bit better now!
    Your last word of advice about the carnival mirror made me chuckle!!! Ha!Ha!

I love your Easter fireplace…didn’t find the golden egg though!

16. RHoda @ Southern Hospitality April 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

Hi, Deborah, I’m heading over to read the interview, but I know you have a gift of writing, so I’m not surprised she wanted to interview you. Putting words together is an art itself & you, my dear, have it. Thanks for your sweet cheer & for stopping by to see me.

17. Jayme aka The Coop Keeper April 20, 2010 at 10:27 pm #

Deborah
    Thank you for sharing your interview with us. You are gifted in so many areas, on so many levels. I feel quite blessed that you take the time to read my blog, comment, and send me little emails throughout the week. It’s such a gift to me, and I do hope you know that. You are an inspiration to me as I seek a quieter, more ‘loner’ type lifestyle. I feel our hearts connected, and I love you for that.

18. Anne April 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

Fascinating! Lovely to have the chance to get to know you better.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Anne

19. Rhonda April 21, 2010 at 8:57 pm #

You have worked so hard on this…and it shows! I loved watching the video. Thanks so much.
    Congratulations to the winners!