Surprises

“Mystery is at the heart of creativity. That, and surprise.” ~ Julia Cameron

I apologize for the delay in posting but our internet provider has been sporadic at best due to April’s showers.

Scout stood guard duty since Easter watching over the M&M Jar so the number was not altered after the original photograph was taken.

They have been counted (twice) and the total is 275. The closest estimated guess was 256  from Missy of My Cottage Charm. Congratulations, a $25 Visa Gift Card is on it’s way to you.

Scale

The Lettered Cottage’s beautiful  e-zine hit the internet “news stand” yesterday and I’m excited to share that yours truly has an article in it (pages 32-34).  You can access the FREE e-zine by clicking on the  cover pictured below. It’s chock full of inspiration. I hope you enjoy reading my words. I appreciate your feedback.

Lettered Cottage Magazine

15 Responses to Surprises

1. Maggie May 3, 2011 at 5:41 am #

Congrats on the article! I am so glad that you weathered the storms ok. Some areas were pretty rough! Hopefully we are done with that now and can get onto the nice spring weather!

2. Dee May 3, 2011 at 5:55 am #

Oh Deborah ~ I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Your editorial is great. I wished, sighed, read it again, sighed and wished a little more – then re-read the whole magazine again. Im going to gush about it to everyone. Job well done to all.
    Dee XO

3. Kathleen May 3, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Deborah: I Can’t wait to read your article!

4. stephenie from Decorating Addiction May 3, 2011 at 7:22 am #

Congratulations to Missy and congratulations to you Deborah on being featured in Layla and Kevin’s e-zine! I can’t wait to read it!

Best,

Stephenie

5. Parsley May 3, 2011 at 8:16 am #

That was so much fun to guess at the M&Ms!

You are published? WOW! We all knew you had a special knack for writing and decor!! Congrats dear friend!

6. rhonda May 3, 2011 at 9:58 am #

Oh phooey!!! You can’t win ’em all! I bet if they had been peanut m&ms there would have been exactly the number that I guessed!! : )

I am off to check out Lettered Cottage’s e- zine.

Hope you had a blessed Easter at the Fairfield House.

7. michelle May 3, 2011 at 10:41 am #

I saw it last night! So great! Congrats!

8. Dawn May 3, 2011 at 10:47 am #

Lovely article! I’ve always thought you are an excellent writer.

The idea of changing a light bulb being an adventure made me laugh. Our home is a mere 80 years old but I know what you mean. I climbed a ladder to change the single bare bulb that sticks right out of our bathroom ceiling only to have the inside of the socket crumble into dust and fall to the floor. I was pleasantly surprised that hubby had a stash of old parts that his grandfather had saved and we were able to fix the light with a new, but old, socket! Hubby may have hoarding in his blood but at least he’s an organized hoarder and knows what’s in all those outbuildings I’m afraid to venture into!

9. Victoria May 3, 2011 at 11:28 am #

How exciting!

Im headed over to read your article now!

thank you for the wonderful post card as well!

10. Colleen May 3, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

Love it! The photos..the words..all of it!! Bravo!

11. andrea May 3, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

Oh Deborah….your writing is so…so beautiful. You truly have a gift.

12. Jennifer May 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

*clap clap clap* that is a fantastic article Deb!!! I don’t think my house is 130 years old, but it IS up there in age, and despite the cracked plaster and the ancient wiring; it’s captured me hook, line and sinker! Nothing like and old house!!

13. Laura Ingalls Gunn May 6, 2011 at 12:57 am #

Bonjour mon amie! Greetings from the Burgandy countryside. I am eager to read your editorial but will wait until I have access to a stronger internet connection. The sun is shining and the happy French birds are chirping. We are scrubbing and polishing Andrea’s home to ready it for tours. There is much work to be done and of course a few antiques to be bought. How I wish you could fit in my pocket.

14. laura @ the shorehouse May 8, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Oh I can’t WAIT to read it!! How exciting!

And I wish *I* had a list of local sales, lol. I found out about the Avon one the day before from Susan @ Black Eyed Susan’s Kitchen blog. And…I did not take that door home. :-( When I showed a picture of it to Mike this morning, who usually doesn’t ‘get’ my thrifty-curbside-pickin’ self, he was like, “we should have gone to get it!” He asked what the measurements were. Boys…so practical. 😉 I have no idea what we would have done with it but WOW what a special find for someone. (I don’t think I mentioned but it had the original hardware too. In need of some TLC but what a find!)

There IS most definitely a townwide yard sale in the beautiful town of Interlaken NJ on May 21. I did very well there last year. And the aforementioned Susan told me Fair Haven NJ has one the same date. So many sales, so little time! :-)

15. CountryContemporary May 30, 2011 at 6:05 am #

I’m very late to comment – just catching up on about 2 months’ of blog posts! – but was delighted to read your contribution to Layla and Kevin’s latest Lettered Cottage “Summer Fun” ezine! Wonderful article, well written! Congrats to you, Deborah!