Paperwhite Wishes

“I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.” ~ Unknown

paperwhite

Do you know that the embryo flower of these paperwhite bulbs has been already formed and all we do is coax it out with sunlight and water?

paperwhites on table

paperwhite pots

Do you know you were created with a purpose?

paperwhites in ironstone

All you need is to keep yourself in the light and nourish your body, mind, and spirit and you too will bloom.

paperwhite on table

My wish for you this year. . .

calendar

Live on purpose.

silver bird

Live with purpose.

paperwhite bloom

And bloom.

———-

Linking to White Wednesday at Faded Charm.

26 Responses to Paperwhite Wishes

1. Kathleen December 31, 2011 at 10:46 pm #

Beautiful words…beautiful wishes. thank you, and best wishes to you too.

2. Oklahoma Granny December 31, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

So true. Wishing you and your family a blessed 2012.

3. Becky December 31, 2011 at 11:02 pm #

Happy New Year Deborah!! Hope yours is filled with all manner of joy!! Your paperwhites are sooo lovely! Wish I had thought to start some!!

May God richly bless you, sweetie!!
    Hugs and joy!!
    Becky

4. Debbie Refresh Restyle December 31, 2011 at 11:20 pm #

I just found your blog via The Lettered Cottage, love this post!
    Debbie

5. mtwildflower December 31, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

I love this post.

I almost bought paper whites this year along with my amaryllis’ but I couldn’t afford them. I’m sorry I didn’t find a way.

Thanks for sharing yours.

6. Suzanne in Atlanta January 1, 2012 at 12:23 am #

Happy New Year!!! I adore these flowers….actually bought a fake plant at Pottery Barn this year so I can have it all year…..Hope your New Year is a wonderful one…….Hugs, Sue.

7. Alaina January 1, 2012 at 7:45 am #

Deborah your paper whites are beautiful. I potted some in a silver gravy boat and they are almost all in bloom. Each year I forget how powerful their smell is. I hope you have a Happy New Year.

8. Parsley January 1, 2012 at 8:21 am #

Lovely, peaceful post. You’ve been missed. Happy New Year.

9. 'D' January 1, 2012 at 8:44 am #

As I write this message, our front yard is filled with Robins. They have always been a sign to me of the coming of Spring, and rebirth. Although the Robins are here all Winter, in Delaware, they still are a sign to me, like the the Paperwhites that you are showing us in this post. May this new year bring you and yours happiness, good health and peace, this year and all the years to come. GOD BLESS.
    ‘D’

10. ain't for city gals January 1, 2012 at 9:13 am #

Deborah..so good to see you here! I think of you every day and hope things are going as well as they can be. Share with me if you can / want. Happy New Year!

11. Jennifer January 1, 2012 at 9:48 am #

beautiful deborah! simply put and so full of meaning. love to you! have a wonderful new year!

12. Claudi a January 1, 2012 at 10:28 am #

You have given me my new Montra for the new year. This was brilliant and the photos spectacular. Some day I will get to walk with you my friend and capture the beauty.

Now I am off to start living with purpose!

Big hugs for the new year!

13. Zuzu January 1, 2012 at 10:57 am #

You always write the most beautiful words, Deborah.
    Uplifting. With photos to match no less. :)
    Wishing you & yours a most joyous New Year, dear friend!
    Zuzu

14. Wyatt January 1, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

Great inspiration for the New Year. I love paperwhites and I love your message!

Wyatt’s mom

15. Missy January 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

Awww…I LOVED this post! I too believe we were all born with a purpose. God gave each one of us a race to run..we should run it with intent. I was put on this earth to follow HIM, be a witness to others and to love him with all my heart…and to love everyone that’s here on this earth that was created in his image…which would be everyone. :)
    Love you sweet lady!

16. Ginny January 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Happy New Year, beautiful work!

17. victoria January 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

such lovely photos.

simple and very well said.

The same to you my friend!

18. rhodasouthernhospitality@yahoo.com January 1, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Deborah, I’m so sorry you have had a hard year too. My friend, there is no easy way to go through tough times, but we have to keep our faith, don’t we. I am happy to have survived my very rough year and have a lot of optimism for the new year ahead. I just know 2012 will be better for us both. Thanks for being a bright spot in blogland. Love your paperwhites, which we both grew this year. xoxo

19. LindaG January 1, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

Happy New Year! :-)

20. lisa January 1, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

Deborah~
    How wonderful to SEE you again! I’ve certainly missed seeing your blog…
    Wishing you a beautiful New Year filled will peace and love.
    Warmest Wishes~
    Lisa
    Bilancia Designs

21. Elizabeth @ Blue Clear Sky January 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm #

Lovely photos. Deborah. Happy New Year!

22. Pat January 1, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Beautiful! This is the first year I didn’t do paperwhites…and I missed them. Thanks so much for sharing the beauty.

Happy New Year!
    Pat

23. Margo January 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm #

This is a beautiful post Deborah, very touching! I got your Christmas card, thank you so much! It was a wonderful surprise! This year is going to be full of wonder and joy for us all!

Hugs, Margo

24. laura @ the shorehouse January 3, 2012 at 1:58 am #

What a lovely post. And I just love the quote — I’ve never read it before and I just love it.

There will be a lot of nourishing of my mind, body and spirit in 2012…2011 kicked my booty and hoo boy howdy am I exhausted by all of it! I don’t even know where the time went this year, honestly. It’s a blur!

Here’s to a year of new growth and healthy blooms. A very happy new year to the Fairfield House from the Shorehouse! xo

25. Terri January 3, 2012 at 10:35 am #

Thank you so much!! Blessings to you (on Purpose) for this New Year!!! :)

26. rene@missgracieshouse.blogspot.com January 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

What a wonderful post…so full of truth! I have never tried paperwhites…I can see I need to…they are beautiful in your silver!
    Rene