Eggstravaganza

Each season has its own wonder, it’s own special place, and purpose in the pattern of creation. ~ Unknown

When I saw these exquisite eggs in the April 2012 edition of Country Living magazine I knew I would be making them.

eggs in basket

You only need three items to create these beauties: free images from the Graphics Fairy or Vintage Moth, tattoo paper, and blown out eggs or faux eggs.

supplies

Resize the images you want to use so they will fit on an egg and arrange them so they will print on a single sheet of letter sized paper, with whatever software you are comfortable using. I used iphoto.

Print the images on paper first to make sure you are happy with the result.

Once you are satisfied with the images, print them on the tattoo paper.

Cut each image out and adhere it the eggs, following the instructions that came with the tattoo paper.

tattoo cutouts

The hardest part of this project is deciding which images you will use!

Temporary tattoo paper is expensive. I paid $9.99 for one sheet at Michael’s. The next time I need it, I will order from decalpaper.com  ($19.95 for five 8 1/2″W x 11″L sheets)

Since the Siamese sisters are always looking to make things go bump and smash in the night, I opted to use faux eggs instead of hand blown ones. These were also purchased at Micheal’s for $4.99 (the eggs, not the cats).

egg display

eggs nest & holder

eggs & candlesticks

owl egg

eggs in nest close

Do you decorate to celebrate Spring’s arrival and Easter?

———-

Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday

Uncommonly Yours Link Party

Look What I Made Linky Party

Ivy and Elephants What’s it Wednesday

17 Responses to Eggstravaganza

1. Debbie Refresh Restyle March 25, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

They turned out great! I didn’t know they have tattoo paper. Like I need one more type of paper ;) I love them!
    Debbie

2. Sandi March 25, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

Wow! I Love how the eggs turned out! I never heard of tatoo paper before.
    Thanks for sharing!

3. deb March 25, 2012 at 11:29 pm #

They turned out gorgeous!!
    *hugs*deb

4. Megan March 25, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

These are beautiful! Love the idea and so might have to steal this one! Love how you

displayed them on pewter candlesticks!

Megan

5. SwedishCornerDownUnder...Pernilla March 26, 2012 at 2:20 am #

Pretty eggs!

Thank you for visiting and leaving sweet comment!

Greetings from Australia♥

6. Autumn March 26, 2012 at 8:13 am #

So cute. We decorate real eggs with food dyes, stickers, and MESS!

7. Cass at That Old House March 26, 2012 at 8:43 am #

These are gorgeous!
    I also didn’t know about tattoo paper — wow, wish that was around when I was a few decades younger ….
    It’s gotten COLD again in the Jerz. Let’s lobby to bring back spring.
    Best … Cass

8. Laura Ingalls Gunn March 26, 2012 at 10:15 am #

I JUST saw these in Country Living yesterday. (I’m a little behind in my magazine reading.) Of course yours are even better since they are displayed on antique silver candlesticks.
    What I am saying is “Your nest is best!” :)

9. andrea March 26, 2012 at 10:47 am #

what a super cute idea…..I may have to try this…only because I have boys, I think my eggs may end up with robots and star wars instead ;o)

10. Zuzu March 26, 2012 at 11:28 am #

These came out so beautiful, Deborah! Now you have me wondering if this could also work with a blender pen transfer… hmmmmmmmm. :)

Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Zuzu

11. Adrian March 26, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Oh just gorgeous Deborah, I love them! Thanks for the lesson and I hope to catch of few minutes and try my hand at them ~

Dee

12. Maureen March 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Beautiful! I love decorating eggs, and you’ve inspired me to do some grown-up ones this year! :)

Hope you are enjoying our “early” spring this year.
    Maureen

13. jessica@fourgenerationsoneroof March 29, 2012 at 8:22 pm #

Very cute little tattoos :) Thanks so much for visiting our blog earlier! Have a great night.

14. Angie @ Beneath the Magnolias March 29, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

Those are so pretty! I have to make these with my daughter. I’ve never heard of tattoo paper. Thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet comment!

15. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs March 30, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

My daughter, Francesca, and I have done these before and it’s a lot of fun.
    Yours are quite lovely.
    Hope you are doing well…
    Take care~
    Lisa

16. Patti April 1, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

Oh, it turned out FAB! Your vignettes are just gorgeous! I love them arounf the bird cage. Thanks so much for sharing the with us at Ivy and Elephants. You make the party great!
    Patti

17. Laura April 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

Thank you! I too, fell in love with this when I read it in the magazine and knew I had to make them. Then, I somehow misplaced the magazine and when I searched it online, found your wonderful post. Great instructions, and beautiful photos.