April Showers

“… millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” ~ Susan Ertz

What do you get when you spend a quarter on galoshes at Good Will, wash two empty tin cans and collect some spring blooms from your yard?

Smiles. Lots of Smiles.

The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday

The Brambleberry Cottage Time Travel Thursday

My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday

French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday

24 Responses to April Showers

1. Sue in Atlanta April 13, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

I love this….such a cute idea and at 25 cents the price was certainly right!!….hope you have a lovely weekend….Sue

2. kathleen April 13, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

I love those beautiful flowers in the rain boots. I think I need to visit the Salvation Army store and have some fun. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

• Angie @ Beneath the Magnolias April 14, 2012 at 12:54 am #

This is so pretty! Flowers always make me smile especially when they are from my own yard. Have a lovely weekend!

Angie

3. Rhonda @ BlueCreekHome April 13, 2012 at 11:38 pm #

The best things in life are free, huh?
    Cute!

4. Jennifer April 14, 2012 at 6:24 am #

lovely deb!!! big smiles from me!
    have a BEAUTIFUL weekend! :)

5. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs April 14, 2012 at 6:33 am #

Love this idea, Deborah. Perfect choice of flowers, as well.
    I will be sending you some photos soon… We are finished with “Phase 1” of “The Loft” at the barn. It is beyond breathtaking. I can’t wait until you see it. :)
    Wishing you beautiful Spring days ahead….
    Lisa xo

6. Lynn @thevintagenest April 14, 2012 at 7:14 am #

I’m smiling!!! I have had a pair of child’s rain boots on my front porch for ages that I found at SA. They always eliicit a comment from company. yours are so sunny and warm! Happy Saturday

7. Autumn April 14, 2012 at 7:57 am #

What a fantastic idea!

8. Laura Ingalls Gunn April 14, 2012 at 10:08 am #

I think those cheery yellow boots are made for walking….right to my front door.

On Tuesday I leave for Minnesota to celebrate Grandma Jingles 90th birthday. It is so hard to not keep going all the way to New Jersey. :)

9. Oklahoma Granny April 14, 2012 at 10:24 am #

Simply beautiful!

10. Stephenie from Decorating Addiction April 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Wow Deborah – these look like images that walked right off the pages of ‘Country Living’! Gorgeous; simply beautiful.

11. LindaG April 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

Awesome! :o)

12. Rene April 14, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

You are right…smiling here, too! That is a wonderful spring display…
    THANKS for the input on my woodwork…we’ll see what happens:)…I can tell you understand the dilemma.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rene’
    PS…your new blog layout looks great!

13. Cyndee April 15, 2012 at 10:33 am #

Great idea! If this doesn’t say Spring Time, I don’t know what does!!

Thanks for sharing.

14. Glenda April 15, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

I love this. I’ll be looking for a pair of rain boots on my hunts this summer. Thanks for sharing!

15. Debbie Refresh Restyle April 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

:) smiling here! Love these, I always look and have not found any yet! I will not give up! They are perfect, love the tulips!
    Debbie

16. Roeshel April 16, 2012 at 8:43 am #

Beautiful! Great photos too! I just purchased a pair of black wellies at the Salvation Army. This is such an inspiration! It’s an unseasonably warm day. I just had my tea on the patio in the sun and could smell the lilacs. Heaven!

17. thistle April 16, 2012 at 10:21 am #

I live in an old farmhouse too and this would be perfect for a display on my back porch! Thanks for the inspiration!

blessings,
    karianne

PS I love your photography!

18. Pam April 16, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

That is so cute. 25 cents well spent!

19. renee April 17, 2012 at 9:47 am #

What a lovely blog and your yellow boots filled with tulips are so delightful! Thanks for your kind visit and Happy Spring.

20. Rita@thissortaoldlife April 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

What a great reminder that small, simple things can be the best things. And to look at things through a different lens. Thanks for the smile.

21. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage April 17, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

How fun – I do this with my girls old ladybug boots! Great score on the boots too!
    Kelly

22. Trish @ Uncommon April 22, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

I just love it! Just screams Spring! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Take care,

Trish

23. Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon April 24, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Featured these tonight!! :) Stop by and grab a featured button!