Pintresting

“Life is like a ladder. Every step is either up or down.” ~ Unknown

My friend, Laura of Decor to Adore recently moved into a new-to-her house and is quite busy turning it into a home. Since she is lacking the time it takes to plan, prepare, photograph and write the text for a post linking in to the many DIY, Cooking, Gardening, Sewing or Decorating Blog Parties, she is hosting her own “Fridays Favorite Pin Party.” Bloggers link in and share a pin that inspired them. Be sure to join in next Friday if you are unable to link in tonight.

bookshelves

Original source Holly Mathis Interiors

I chose this image because Thomas and I are currently working on our living room – specifically removing wall paper, mudding, sanding, priming, and painting the walls, trim and built-in shelves. We’ve accumulated such a collection of books that Thomas has divided the existing shelves in half, thus doubling our storage. One item I am searching for to add to our living room is a library ladder. Like the one pictured above, I want it on a track and wheels, easy to glide from one case to the next.

I will be back tomorrow to discuss one of the novels on our shelves, The Chaperone. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

9 Responses to Pintresting

1. Debbie Refresh Restyle July 30, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

My thoughts are: I can’t wait for you to get the ladder! I love this and I know it will look great!
    Debbie

2. Sue in Atlanta July 30, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

the Boss has a wall unit in his den with the ceiling to floor ladder but no wheels….you have to hand move it but it looks good….I love that big clock in the picture…I almost bought one yesterday at Pottery Barn but I always hesitate so I guess I really don’t want it that badly…Hope your summer is going well…..Sue

3. Laura Ingalls Gunn July 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm #

As one who has been accused of having too many books I absolutely love the pinspiration that the image you selected provides.

Alas I did have to narrow down some of my tomes and two small bits of bliss were sent to your address on Saturday along with a wee white journal I finally discovered hidden in a box late last week. Finally. :)

4. Missy July 31, 2012 at 6:38 am #

I LOVE library ladders and I can’t wait to see what you all do in your living room! :) I feel your pain working, contructing and painting….my dining room is getting the best of me! lol

5. Diane | An Extraordinary Day July 31, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Love that you even “need” a library ladder!!! Best wishes on finding it and enjoying a good read when it’s all done! I love that clock tucked to the side too!!!

Stopping by from the Friday Pin Party!! Hello!!

6. Jennifer July 31, 2012 at 10:48 am #

oh my word I LOVE that room. I’d love a library ladder too…f I didn’t have boys who would be wild monkeys on it!
    just finished the novel yesterday! :-)

7. Becky July 31, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

I’ll pray that you find one for a great price, Deborah!! I know it will be a fabulous addition to Fairfield House! Hope your summer is going well! Mine sure is!!

Blessings and hugs,
    Becky

8. ain't for city gals July 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

love love loved the Chaperone!…to me a great story….about not judging what goes on behind other people’s closed doors (and our own)…xo

9. sonny August 3, 2012 at 11:47 am #

would love this on my entry wall.. I wonder if this ladder could be configured in the same way as the door I posted and you commented on…

I cant wait to see yours… please do a quick tutorial on the steps you took and your source of materials so I can copy you :)