Pantry Hunger

“People need dreams, there’s as much nourishment in ‘em as food.” ~ Dorothy Gilman

I chose the image below for Friday’s Favorite Pin Party because the moment I saw it my heart skipped a beat, the dark clouds parted, a rainbow appeared and a unicorn galloped by. I wasn’t sure if it was a delayed reaction to my pharmaceutical research of days gone by or the fact that I am not getting out enough. Even though Thomas and I are currently working on our living room, my mind keeps wandering to the hole in the kitchen wall that serves double duty as a pathetic pantry and laundry “room”. I use that term loosely. I’ve had bigger closets.

Eventually, we plan to house the washer and dryer in a true laundry room not yet constructed. The “hole” in the kitchen wall will then be transformed into the perfect pantry complete with scallop-trimmed shelves and oozing with cottage charm.

pinned_pantry

7 Responses to Pantry Hunger

1. Parsley August 3, 2012 at 8:36 am #

Oh wouldn’t that be perfect! Love it! I wish we had planned a pantry but I’m not looking for a project right now. I think I’ll just dream…

2. Karena August 3, 2012 at 8:56 am #

I love this image Deborah and the labeled jars are perfect…I always need help organizing!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art By Karena
    2012 Artists Series

3. Laura Ingalls Gunn August 3, 2012 at 9:12 am #

In my new home the pantry is one cupboard approximately the size of a mini college dorm room fridge topped by a tiny microwave sized cupboard.

Mr. Decor and I said that the architect who designed such a travesty must have suffered from anorexia.

Alas the dishes went in the “pantry” because it made more sense in that it was right next to the dishwasher.

I too dream of a pantry like the one shown. Of course that would require a family that wouldn’t plow through the food like a pack of wolves. Thanks for linking it up.

4. Zuzu August 3, 2012 at 10:38 am #

Oh, how I love this! We still haven’t finished the cabinets in our kitchen – we ran out of energy & time and just wanted to move in. Other projects push their way to the forefront, and so the kitchen waits. All the more time to find inspiring pics for when we can get to it, yes? 😉
    Hope you have a great weekend, my friend!
    Zuzu

5. sonny August 3, 2012 at 11:06 am #

oh wow I’d love to be that organized even if my pantry wasnt as pretty as the one you posted..

love it ~!

6. ain't for city gals August 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

One of the very best things about being married to the best finish carpenter in the country…(probably the world)..lol…is that I get such wonderful cabinets and storage in such a small space. We are still in our new guest house and I have storage to spare…he knows me well !…

7. Becky August 6, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Happy Monday to you, Deborah! What a delight to read your comment on my doilies today! I love that quote by Da Vinci and the one in this post! Oh how I would adore sitting with you at Fairfield House soaking in your wit and wisdom over a nice warm cuppa! :o)

In my old house, we converted a small broom closet into our pantry. In this house, there is a nice sized one, but it is odd in shape, though plenty of room.

Have a wonderful week, my friend!
    Hugs to you across the miles!
    Becky