Human Be-ing

“I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.” ~ Henry David Thoreau

garden place to be

I came upon this photo in pinterest and thought everyone needs a place like this: A place to stop and catch your breath, to be alone with God; a place to read a good book, sketch pictures of the life around you, write a letter to a dear friend, or journal thoughts and feelings; a place to get lost and found again; a place where you will not be disturbed even though there is no door to lock.

I hope you all have a special place to just be.

———-

Linking to Friday’s Favorite Pin at Decor to Adore

11 Responses to Human Be-ing

1. Debbie refreshrestyle August 11, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

Thank you for sharing, it’s a beautiful, spot! Hope your weekend is going well.
    Debbie

2. Rhonda @ BlueCreekHome August 11, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

This spot is so peaceful. I really don’t have a place to just be, but I sure need one. I am guessing that you have at least one around the Fairfield House.
    You know how much time I spend creating. A ‘place to just be’ should be added to the top of my list of things to create. If it happens, I will let you know.

3. Sherry August 11, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

What a lovely spot.

4. Becky August 11, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

What a lovely photo to share, Deborah! I have a place…maybe a bit more humble, but my place nonetheless. I am working on making it a bit prettier…new seat cushions etc…but for now, it will do. ;o)

Love and hugs to you!
    Hope your weekend has been wonderful so far!
    Becky

5. Alaina August 12, 2012 at 6:17 am #

I found out when I was young that if you can be happy with yourself alone you can be happy anywhere. I have found a special place that is perfect for reading, my new found passion again. I hope you are well my friend. Alaina

6. Laura Ingalls Gunn August 12, 2012 at 8:54 am #

Dear Deborah,

I hung the last picture up on Friday and literally threw a bunch of junk still in boxes in the garage. On Saturday 12 blogging women came to my home for a bloggy luncheon.

Today I am ready for this chair. Possibly tomorrow too. :)

Thank you for being an awesome pin up girl!

7. Karena August 12, 2012 at 10:32 am #

Hi Deborah, This is such a peaceful image. We all need to take time to just “be”, to breath in deeply and exhale with a relaxing letting go!

Thank you for sharing.

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artists Series

8. betsy August 12, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

I certainly can use a spot like the one pictured. Gazing at it make me feel peaceful.
    betsy

9. Lynne August 13, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Deborah!
    I am so pleased to meet you. Thank you for visiting 34th street. Your blog is absolutely
    beautiful. I have subscribed and entered your amazing give a way. Have a wonderful week!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

10. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs August 14, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Beautiful, peaceful picture. :)
    I hope you’re enjoying the last lazy, hot days of summer.
    I am SO ready for Fall.