Penthouse Suite

“The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.” ~ Charles Dickens

The Fairfield House features three floors, as well as a cellar and attic. The third floor consists of four rooms, one facing each direction.  Our long term goal is to convert them into a master suite, full bath and walk in closet, since the best views are from this floor.

north view

The photos below were taken just before moving day. The room facing west has been designated as our exercise room; the remaining rooms have become storage units. A waste of prime real estate.

north room

west room
north room
east room

These photos from pinterest are inspiring me to empty the space of things I no longer use so I may fill it with what I want.

bathroom
bedroom
———-

9 Responses to Penthouse Suite

1. val August 26, 2012 at 1:23 am #

Can I come stay at your house? I don’t think I would ever leave the bedroom with the fireplace, bed, and the view.

2. thistle August 26, 2012 at 8:11 am #

What an amazing view! I could sit up there with a good book and spend the afternoon. I think it would make an incredible master suite.

Have a blessed and wonderful day.
    karianne

3. Deb August 26, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Honey, that’s the neatest “storage” I’ve ever seen. But I do love the “vision” that you have for these rooms!

-deb from Page Farms

4. Karena August 26, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Definitely, with a view like that! It will be a gorgeous master suite!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artists Series

5. Debbie refreshrestyle August 26, 2012 at 10:40 am #

It’s going to be more beautiful than it already is. I love your pinterest ideas! I wish I could come up and help :)
    Debbie

6. Laura Ingalls Gunn August 26, 2012 at 10:54 am #

Oh that storage and the bed~ yes and YES! The floors in your space are fantastic and the carpets are pretty grand too.

Thank you for linking up my friend. :)

7. Cotton Peony August 26, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Cool and breezy looking. Clean lines, very nicely done. You know I just love that bath of yours. And I could bounce on that bed like a 6 year old child. Love fluffy and soft and breezy. Nice. I can smell the fresh air already. Thanks for sharing apart of your life my dear.

warm hugs,

Cotton Peony

8. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs August 27, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Absolutely stunning view! Your home is beautiful….
    Wishing you a beautiful week, Deborah.
    Love~
    Lisa xo

9. Zuzu September 4, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Lovely inspiration pictures, as is The Fairfield House & her family. :)