September Seashore

“Today is a smooth white seashell, hold it close and listen to the beauty of the hours.” ~ Unknown

Summer has burned itself out and autumn is on the brink of stepping in to relieve it. I will let you in on a secret. Most locals of the NJ shore prefer the beach in September. The tourists have returned home, leaving the sea and her secrets for us to keep.

Shell Heart

———-

Linking to Friday’s Favorite Pin at Decor to Adore

12 Responses to September Seashore

1. Stephenie from Decorating addiction September 8, 2012 at 12:12 am #

Hi Deborah – enjoy the beach now that it’s cleared out!! I’ve been reading your Friday pins. I might have to join in the Linky fun. I got a new blogger app that makes it easier to blog on my phone, so maybe I’ll get to post more. I’ve considered switching to WordPress but it’s overwhelming!! Anyway- love getting notifications in my inbox when you post. Hope you’re well!

2. Debbie refreshrestyle September 8, 2012 at 5:31 am #

Such a wonderful time for the beach :) enjoy!
    Have a great weekend,
    Debbie

3. Susan G September 8, 2012 at 7:36 am #

YES! Especially those of us who REALLY do live at the shore. The bennies (shoebies, tourists etc) drive us nuts!
    Susan

4. Cotton Peony September 8, 2012 at 7:57 am #

With my sister in-law in Wildwood.. she is one of those ‘snow birds’. Come mid September they’ll head south for Estero, Fl for the winter. I think at times it gets hotter in the on the North Shore than it does in the summer down south. IMHO there, but this is the life the love so I zippy my mouth up.

Love and miss you lots, big hugs.

Cotton Peony

5. Kelly September 8, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Love the seashell image and verse, it is beautiful. I prefer the beaches less crowded…..have a wonderful weekend.

6. Adrian September 8, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Hi Deborah ~ I am consumed with getting to Cape May this month. My Mom turns 80 years old on October 1st, and my sisters and I are hoping to give her a great long weekend there. The beach may be a bit chilly later in the month ~ but you are absolutely right, its the best time to enjoy it.

Your friend ~ Dee

7. Laura Ingalls Gunn September 8, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Once, when Mr. Decor and I were in our early dating days I left for a week to attend a niece’s beach wedding in San Diego. Upon my return in the late evening I spelled out “Did u miss me?” in shells and created a similar heart on his doorstep.
    Imagine my delight to find on my front porch the next morning an emphatic “YES!” using the same shells. They now sit in a treasured glass jar.

Thank you for a sweet reminder and for linking up.

8. Karena September 8, 2012 at 10:02 am #

I agree a perfect time for the beach! Enjoy!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

9. Liz September 8, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

My mom’s favorite time at the beach was always in the fall and winter…now it is mine. After she passed away I took her seashell collection to her favorite beach and left them..I hope some mom and daughter, or family, found a few to add to their collection.

10. Lynne September 8, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Deborah!
    The image and the verse are beautiful. I am going to pin it to my heart board.
    Enjoy your newly reclaimed beach.
    I have subscribed to your lovely blog.
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

11. Jane @ Cottage at the Crossroads September 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

Deborah, we used to live on the Isle of Palms in South Carolina. We always enjoyed the beach in September most of all, too.

12. Sue in Atlanta September 10, 2012 at 11:36 pm #

I love the beach in the fall….the sand doesn’t burn your feet and you have the whole place to yourself…..it’s a shame Jersey prices and taxes prevented us from moving back home…