Respect

“We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.” ~ President George W. Bush

Below is a Budweiser commercial aired only once during Super Bowl XXVI in January 2002, five months after the events of 9/11.

8 Responses to Respect

1. ain'tforcitygals September 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

As you know one of my favorites!..thinking of you today!xoxo

2. frances September 11, 2012 at 9:11 pm #

Today has been hard…so reminiscent of 11 years ago…it hangs in the air all day long…This ad makes me cry every time….I now know how people who lived through the war always say to never forget.

3. Mary Anne September 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

Thank you so much for posting this video. It seems like yesterday when our youngest son called and told us to watch the news, it was totally devastingly heart breaking to watch. Life would never be the same again. God bless all those that perished, their friends and families and God bless those who serve to protect our nation and fight for the freedoms that we hold dear, and God bless America!

4. Rhonda @ BlueCreekHome September 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm #

Thanks for reminding us – this made chill bumps all over me.
    I have been to New York City one time – Jan 2001 – we had dinner at “Windows On The World” on top of the North tower. I will never forget standing at the large windows, looking out over the city. It still saddens me to think of the many lives lost eight months later.

5. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs September 12, 2012 at 7:28 am #

This gives me goosebumps…
    SO beautiful, Deborah.
    Are you loving this beautiful, Fall-like weather as much as I am?
    Ahhhh…it won’t be long before the leaves start to change and out comes the heavy sweaters. My favorite, favorite time of year!
    (Still hoping to get a visit from you at the barn!) :) :)
    Have a beautiful week~
    Lisa xo

6. Adrian September 12, 2012 at 8:49 am #

I do remember this commercial. It gives me chills and a strange empty feeling seeing it again, it is beautiful.

Today is another clear bleu day ~ enjoy it.
    Your friend ~ Dee Xo

7. Debbie Refresh Restyle September 12, 2012 at 10:35 pm #

Thanks for sharing. Love this.

8. Laura Ingalls Gunn September 13, 2012 at 9:42 am #

I remember this. Sniffle. Gulp. Clydesdale’s in NYC. It just doesn’t get any better.