Cheshire Cat

“Every adventure requires a first step. Trite, but true, even here.” ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

Hello Friends! I am knee deep in styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, boxes and packing tape but wanted to let you know who has returned to the Fairfield House.

Cheshire Cat

Upon closer inspection, we think the Wild Thing is a female. She’s calmed down since carving her initials into Scout, Thomas, Princess Arianna and me — totally unprovoked acts which are a reminder that she is a feral cat.

Delicious

She has gotten into the habit of climbing a tree in my garden and peering into the window to send a telepathic message: Feed me. Not everyone was happy to see the Wild Thing return. Our Siamese, ‘Puter, is sending her own telepathic message: Go away.

The Wild Thing has an appointment with our veterinarian to be examined, tested and immunized, as well as spayed. In the meantime, Thomas is working on plans for an insulated house. I saw the one pictured below on pinterest. Maybe we’ll turn it into a tree house.

Cheshire House

———-

Linking to Friday’s Favorite Pin at Decor to Adore.

7 Responses to Cheshire Cat

1. Cyndee Jones September 15, 2012 at 11:40 am #

Best of luck to everyone involved . . . be you of two or four leg variety!

Love you site!

Cyndee

2. Stephenie from Decorating addiction September 15, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

How fun!!! Enjoy her and we can’t wait to see her little Fairfield house once it’s built!

3. Leanne September 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

I’m sure wild thing will love her very own tree house. (our cat have one and a plank to play pirates on)

4. Missy September 15, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

I chuckled at the thought of a cat with a tree house…too funny! :)
    OH…and you’re right, the only thing missing from my window seat, is YOU! (but you’d never get to read that book, cause I’d talk your ear off!) ;0)
    Love ya lady!
    Missy
    PS….I’m still pouting that I didn’t win any of your goodies! lol :-) hee hee hee

5. Jane @ Cottage at the Crossroads September 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Your post reminded me of a feral cat that took up at our house last year. When it got cold, we made it a house from a plastic storage bin, turned upside down and with a door that we cut. Stuffed a blanket inside and the cat slept in it during the winter. Keep in mind that it does not get very cold in South Carolina. Then the cat left our house and moved over to the neighbor’s house where it now lives. It has become a very good pet and is now used to humans.

6. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs September 15, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

I love to hear when cats (or any animal, for that matter) finds a loving home.
    We’ve moved into a 200 year old farmhouse with 49 acres and found out that we share this property with a family of beautiful, almost tame cats. They live in the barn and under my back porch, but patiently sit at my door every morning to be fed. They are the cutest, most adorable little things and I instantly fell in love with all of them!
    My “house” cat, Bella, isn’t sure what to make of them, and it’s so much fun to watch them check each other out through the glass door.
    Have fun with “the wild thing”! She’s so lucky to have found you, Deborah!
    Have a wonderful weekend~
    Lisa xo

7. Laura Ingalls Gunn September 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

“I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.”
    Abraham Lincoln

One more animal saved. :) Blessings upon you and thank you for linking up!