Wake Up Call

“I’d like mornings better if they started later” ~ Unknown

Good Morning! Mishka, my chocolate point Siamese cat has gotten into the habit of being fed when Thomas gets up for work at 430 am. It’s not an issue during the week, but she doesn’t understand the concept of sleeping in on weekends and has me up before the sun.

She’s been fed and has retreated back to the bedroom, content and purring. Here I sit, wide awake.

9 Responses to Wake Up Call

1. Adrian October 22, 2012 at 6:36 am #

My orange puff balls do the same thing Deborah. Luckily, they give me until 5:30 when my son gets up for classes. Its a good thing they are so darn cute;)

Dee Xo

2. Deb October 22, 2012 at 6:40 am #

Good laugh at 5:30 a.m. in the morning with this one! I have a “special needs” (seizure disorder) Feist named Lucy who is clock driven. (waking, eating, meds) I haven’t set my alarm in years as she is very punctual on waking, sometimes earlier than necessary through the week and definitely on the weekends!

3. Jane @ Cottage at the Crossroads October 22, 2012 at 9:23 am #

I have a cat just like the one in the video who wakes me about 5:00 in the morning! Too funny!

4. Laura Ingalls Gunn October 22, 2012 at 10:41 am #

I’ d laugh but I am too tired. Mr. Decor came in from the airport at 11:30. Couldn’t sleep and left the room at 12:30, came back in at 2 am and then….Franz scratching at the door at 6:15 am. Most of the time I am up. Days like this….wish I had an automatic pet feeder. :)

5. Susan Branch October 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

Hi Deborah! What would we do without that darling Simon’s Cat — Simon has such a good eye for kitty antics and then showing them to us — I see my cats in his videos all the time, and they just make me laugh until I cry! Thank you for that, too cute!

6. lisa moran/Bilancia Designs October 22, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

This is hysterical, Deborah!
    THIS IS MY CAT, BELLA!
    She does the whole routine at the crack of dawn and once she’s satisfied her appetite, she expects me to “cuddle” with her for at least an hour. My kids joke about how the cat “rules” our home…and perhaps they’re right! ha ha
    This certainly put a smile on my face today. Thanks! xo

7. Cotton Peony October 22, 2012 at 7:20 pm #

Our wee teacup yorkie Jack does that.. well he used to until daddy had to grab the flash light to walk Jack at 6 am and we got him trained now to hold off until closer to 6:20 in bed with us.. getting this few extra winks makes all of us in a better morning mood.

Then it’s off and running to the races.. or until 7:45 when daddy leaves and Jack crawls into his bed, with a soft fuzzy blanket and naps until 9:30.. geesh, what a life he has.

Thanks for posting.. was worried as I haven’t seen you post in some time.

Cotton Peony

8. Parsley October 22, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

That was purrrfect! I don’t own a cat but my little dogs are just as bad. Guess we will sleep when we die. Lol!

9. Zuzu October 24, 2012 at 10:25 am #

I don’t have a cat. I have a Hubby.

Does the same thing. Up around 2am every single night. Turning on lights, checking out what there is to eat, opening and shutting doors, and sitting in front of the computer for hours on end programming. Click, click, clicking. I don’t actually have to get up, but he wakes me up. I fall back asleep for awhile, get up around 5am. Then Hubby goes back to bed for a little nap.

Ha-haaaa, lucky for them we love them. :)