“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time —affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit was the source of this good echo.” ~ Dean Koontz Since my last post, we celebrated Easter… There seems to be a theme developing in these photos… And the limited few weeks of […]
“I can’t say I ever loved my mother; I admired her.” ~ Humphrey Bogart The Rat Pack was a group of actors originally centered on Humphrey Bogart.
“Life is like a snowglobe, often it’s prettiest AFTER it’s been turned upside-down.” ~ Unknown I cannot believe it’s mid-March. I’ve barely recovered from the clock leaping forward, yet today marks the first day of spring. Still, raindrops, soggy snowflakes and sunshine made intermittent appearances yesterday accompanied by strong winds which whistled through the cracks […]
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ~ Edith Sitwell Happy February! Thank you for your comments on the last post and for sharing your personal experiences of how others saved you […]
“Give generously, live joyfully, love abundantly.” ~ Anonymous We were blessed with some warm days last week. The sun’s rays tapped the sleeping bulbs around the yard, causing some to spring out of bed. One daffodil even has a bud! Upon inspection, I whispered: “You are up too early and will be caught out in […]
“It’s not good because it’s old, it’s old because it’s good.” ~ Anonymous When Thomas and I moved here and began venturing out into the world surrounding the Fairfield House, I quickly noticed the towns appeared to be frozen in time. Each boasts the quintessential main street lined with old brick architectural gems housing shops, […]
“A friend is a gift you give yourself.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson Did you have yourself a merry little Christmas? Count down ’til midnight and kiss your sweet heart on New Year’s Eve? I hope you did. Before I take down our decorations and store them away for another year, I wanted to share some […]
“All things change except barbers, the ways of barbers, and the surroundings of barbers. These never change.” ~ “About Barbers,” Sketches New and Old The Fairfield House is located in a historical village that consists of two main roads that would be considered back roads to most other people. Along the roads are a few […]
Subscribe via Email
- Butterfly Effect June 11, 2013
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid March 25, 2013
- Shaken and Stirred March 20, 2013
- This and That February 2, 2013
- Food For Thought January 26, 2013
- Long Live the Levoy January 15, 2013
- Cottage Charm Giveaway May 4, 2011
- Reader Appreciation Give Away August 8, 2012
- May Days and Giveaways May 1, 2010
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #2 August 14, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #4 August 30, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #5 September 4, 2012
- Lisa Douglas: thank you for this lovely article!! Pete is my gra...
- amy watson: Beautifully written, sometimes we don't realize h...
- Nicole: LOVED your Cinderella pumpkin! Saw the idea on Pi...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah, I Really enjoyed reading that. And how ...
- Lisa Palmese: This is so True I used to watch the News Everyday ...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah I loved it. That was brilliant. He was so ...