Where one door closes, another opens. ~ Don Quixote Unlike McMansions or today’s designer trends to knock down walls and have one open shared space, the Fairfield House is true to its Victorian architecture and compartmentalized. Every room has it’s original door (thirty-two of them), door knob, lock and skeleton key. Imagine what fun it […]
“Close you eyes and tap your heels together three times. And think to yourself, there’s no place like home.” – Glinda, the Good Witch of the North (Wizard of Oz ) I found the Fairfield House in the same manner I’ve located many things, on-line. I highly recommend Historic Properties to anyone buying or selling […]
Don’t make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans, or they’ll treat you like dogs. ~Martha Scott We had a birthday at The Fairfield House yesterday. The original devil dog, Buster the beast, turned lucky 13. Lucky, I say, because he’s still alive. I can hardly believe he’s been with me for over a […]
And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath I grew up in an era when one shared her thoughts on pages of a diary, which was then locked and hidden. […]
Subscribe via Email
- Butterfly Effect June 11, 2013
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid March 25, 2013
- Shaken and Stirred March 20, 2013
- This and That February 2, 2013
- Food For Thought January 26, 2013
- Long Live the Levoy January 15, 2013
- Cottage Charm Giveaway May 4, 2011
- Reader Appreciation Give Away August 8, 2012
- May Days and Giveaways May 1, 2010
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #2 August 14, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #4 August 30, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #5 September 4, 2012
- Lisa Douglas: thank you for this lovely article!! Pete is my gra...
- amy watson: Beautifully written, sometimes we don't realize h...
- Nicole: LOVED your Cinderella pumpkin! Saw the idea on Pi...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah, I Really enjoyed reading that. And how ...
- Lisa Palmese: This is so True I used to watch the News Everyday ...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah I loved it. That was brilliant. He was so ...