“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ~ Peg Bracken Regardless of what blogs, Facebook and Pinterest say, autumn doesn’t end until December 21; that is especially obvious on this unusual but beautiful 68 degree December day. Still, I have been busy preparing for Christmas and the New […]
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” ~ Mark Twain I received my first Christmas Card and gift today in the mail. Thank you, Missy! All over the Land of Blog people are showing off Christmas decor, trees, crafts and swapping cookie recipes. I thought I would share what […]
“If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” ~ W. Clement Stone Thanksgiving seems the appropriate time to say thank you to you, dear friends, for taking time out of your day to read our words. To help keep your holidays tidy and fresh we are giving away Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day […]
“The human soul can always use a new tradition. Sometimes we require them.” ~ Pat Conroy, The Lords of Discipline Today, like every day since living at the Fairfield House, I took my accustomed walk, aware of my many blessings and grateful for each one. This is especially appropriate today when our entire nation is […]
“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin Hello, my friends! I hope the sun is shining on your little corner of the world today. It’s a beautiful fall day at the Fairfield House. The maple tree tosses golden leaf confetti every […]
“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” ~ H. L. Mencken Happy Election Day, friends! I hope you all exercised your right to vote. I’ve heard so many people say they weren’t voting because they are not happy with the choices; that […]
“The devastation on the Jersey Shore is some of the worst we’ve ever seen. The cost of the storm is incalculable at this point.” ~ New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Hello friends! I’m just sending up a flare to let you know that we are safe. Thank you for all the emails, messages on Facebook […]
“I’d like mornings better if they started later” ~ Unknown Good Morning! Mishka, my chocolate point Siamese cat has gotten into the habit of being fed when Thomas gets up for work at 430 am. It’s not an issue during the week, but she doesn’t understand the concept of sleeping in on weekends and has […]
“I have always said that I don’t care for uppity food and I can’t cook it.” ~ Paula Deen In all my excitement sharing the news of tonight’s Super Harvest Moon I forgot to announce the four winners of Jane Austen’s novel, Sense and Sensibility. They are: Vikki — September 26, 2012 at 11:21 am: ” Oh how […]
“May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.” ~ Irish Blessing Hello, Friends! The first full moon closest to the Autumn Equinox, appropriately dubbed a Harvest Moon, will take center stage of tomorrow night’s sky. Although miles may […]
Subscribe via Email
- Butterfly Effect June 11, 2013
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid March 25, 2013
- Shaken and Stirred March 20, 2013
- This and That February 2, 2013
- Food For Thought January 26, 2013
- Long Live the Levoy January 15, 2013
- Cottage Charm Giveaway May 4, 2011
- Reader Appreciation Give Away August 8, 2012
- May Days and Giveaways May 1, 2010
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #2 August 14, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #4 August 30, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #5 September 4, 2012
- Lisa Douglas: thank you for this lovely article!! Pete is my gra...
- amy watson: Beautifully written, sometimes we don't realize h...
- Nicole: LOVED your Cinderella pumpkin! Saw the idea on Pi...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah, I Really enjoyed reading that. And how ...
- Lisa Palmese: This is so True I used to watch the News Everyday ...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah I loved it. That was brilliant. He was so ...