“All things change except barbers, the ways of barbers, and the surroundings of barbers. These never change.” ~ “About Barbers,” Sketches New and Old The Fairfield House is located in a historical village that consists of two main roads that would be considered back roads to most other people. Along the roads are a few […]
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful” ~ William Morris If you haven’t been reading our blog since day one, you probably don’t know we have been working on renovating a master bathroom for quite some time. Remember this post? Followed by this? I know […]
Shelby, as you know, wouldn’t want us to get mired down and wallow in this. We should handle it the best way we know how and get on with it. That’s what my mind says, I just wish somebody would explain it to my heart. ~ M’Lynn, Steel Magnolias (by Robert Harling) I have a […]
What a dreadful thing it must be to have a dull father. ~ Mary Mapes Dodge The last time I spoke to my father he was in a hospital. Five years prior to that he had suffered a major stroke. Before the stroke, he lived his 59 years to the fullest. My father was a […]
“Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” ~ Gloria Naylor Most people spend much of their time in a horizontal thought process. We move along connecting the dots of one moment to another, on cruise control, until something happens that causes us to stop. I used to think of this as a […]
Subscribe via Email
- Butterfly Effect June 11, 2013
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid March 25, 2013
- Shaken and Stirred March 20, 2013
- This and That February 2, 2013
- Food For Thought January 26, 2013
- Long Live the Levoy January 15, 2013
- Cottage Charm Giveaway May 4, 2011
- Reader Appreciation Give Away August 8, 2012
- May Days and Giveaways May 1, 2010
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #2 August 14, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #4 August 30, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #5 September 4, 2012
- amy watson: Beautifully written, sometimes we don't realize h...
- Nicole: LOVED your Cinderella pumpkin! Saw the idea on Pi...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah, I Really enjoyed reading that. And how ...
- Lisa Palmese: This is so True I used to watch the News Everyday ...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah I loved it. That was brilliant. He was so ...
- 30 Plus Featured Pumpkin Ideas for Halloween and Fall - Fox Hollow Cottage: […] Halloween Holiday Cinderella Pumpkin Car...