“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time —affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit was the source of this good echo.” ~ Dean Koontz Since my last post, we celebrated Easter… There seems to be a theme developing in these photos… And the limited few weeks of […]
“I can’t say I ever loved my mother; I admired her.” ~ Humphrey Bogart The Rat Pack was a group of actors originally centered on Humphrey Bogart.
“Life is like a snowglobe, often it’s prettiest AFTER it’s been turned upside-down.” ~ Unknown I cannot believe it’s mid-March. I’ve barely recovered from the clock leaping forward, yet today marks the first day of spring. Still, raindrops, soggy snowflakes and sunshine made intermittent appearances yesterday accompanied by strong winds which whistled through the cracks […]
“Give generously, live joyfully, love abundantly.” ~ Anonymous We were blessed with some warm days last week. The sun’s rays tapped the sleeping bulbs around the yard, causing some to spring out of bed. One daffodil even has a bud! Upon inspection, I whispered: “You are up too early and will be caught out in […]
“All things change except barbers, the ways of barbers, and the surroundings of barbers. These never change.” ~ “About Barbers,” Sketches New and Old The Fairfield House is located in a historical village that consists of two main roads that would be considered back roads to most other people. Along the roads are a few […]
“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin Hello, my friends! I hope the sun is shining on your little corner of the world today. It’s a beautiful fall day at the Fairfield House. The maple tree tosses golden leaf confetti every […]
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful” ~ William Morris If you haven’t been reading our blog since day one, you probably don’t know we have been working on renovating a master bathroom for quite some time. Remember this post? Followed by this? I know […]
“Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” ~ Gloria Naylor Most people spend much of their time in a horizontal thought process. We move along connecting the dots of one moment to another, on cruise control, until something happens that causes us to stop. I used to think of this as a […]
- Butterfly Effect June 11, 2013
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid March 25, 2013
- Shaken and Stirred March 20, 2013
- This and That February 2, 2013
- Food For Thought January 26, 2013
- Long Live the Levoy January 15, 2013
- Cottage Charm Giveaway May 4, 2011
- Reader Appreciation Give Away August 8, 2012
- May Days and Giveaways May 1, 2010
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #2 August 14, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #4 August 30, 2012
- Reader Appreciation Give Away #5 September 4, 2012
- Maggie: Ugh! I missed this and I miss you my dear friend!...
- Lisa Palmese: Deborah, How Beautiful to know and Stop and enjoy...
- Barbara F.: Love this post. Beautiful photos of beautiful flo...
- Becky: Oh Deborah, How absolutely enchanting! And I lov...
- Lisa Palmese: Ok Deborah, God has given you a piece of Heaven b...
- Lisa Palmese: Deboroh, This is one of the most Gorgeous Bathroo...